Axle Shafts & Housing
This is a two-station assembly system for pinion shaft to the housing assembly for a line of wheel loaders for the construction industry.
Tests & Measurements
This is a two-station assembly system for pinion shaft to the housing assembly for a line of wheel loaders for the construction industry. The first station is a servo pressing station which locates the cups in the pinion housing and the bearing cones on the pinion gear shaft. A second station tightens a nut on the pinion shaft to remove the endplay and set preload on the tapered roller bearings. Rolling torque is measured automatically to verify proper bearing preload. Each station uses manual material handling but assembly operations are electronically controlled to assure each step is completed before the operator can move on to the next. Bearing preload is measured through shaft rolling torques which are critical for product quality.
- Handles many model variations
- Heavy-duty ball screw servo presses (No hydraulics)
- No floor pits for an easy to move floor plan
- Online electronic work instructions with pictures
- PC-based data acquisition and control platform
- Computerized data collection and analysis
- Manual conveyor with part sensing
- Plant LAN and database communications
- Automated calibration routines
- Multilingual computer display
- Part scanning
- Electronic tool holder monitoring ensures correct tooling is used
*We understand that customers have unique requirements and we can design and build test stands to accommodate a broad range of applications. Contact us today.
- Press to force measurement
- Press to position measurement
- Press start position measurement
- Assembly cycle time /OEE /Operator rate
- Analysis of performance signatures (press force vs. distance, etc.)
- Shaft endplay measurement
- Rolling torque of roller bearing/shaft assembly